Have you ever heard the expression, "haters gonna....make wild assumptions based on little gathered information about others, most likely fueled by jealousy?" Yeah, me neither. It's pretty much true however, I feel. I get asked frequently as a trainer as well as a competitor (current and prospective) some pretty "out there" questions. Here are some bullet pointed examples. Everyone likes bullet points.
. How could you go without eating whatever you want?
. Why would you go out of your way to run though fire, mud and barbed wire?!
.You train and work out that much? Do you not have a social life?
. I don't know how you don't drink or party, that sounds crazy.
Well, you get the point. Is it so crazy though, that I would want to better my self image though healthy choices? I most certainly think not. I suppose this rant is sort of answering to all those doubters out there. I would go ahead and formally apologize to all the people who have felt the need to criticize what I do, but I'm not sorry. I'm not sorry what I do for a living and for recreation makes you feel like you aren't active enough. I'm not sorry my lifestyle has nothing whatsoever in common with yours. Upset about it? Go do something about it. In fact, go ahead and remove anything I do from your thoughts unless its regarding some sort of motivation. I do not look down on those who chose not to be healthy, or do the things I do. It is frankly none of my business. Is it so much to ask for the same in return? I suppose I had my answer when I began writing this, however.
Moral of the story kids, is if you are passionate, driven or motivated about something go ahead and tune out the people who tell you that you're crazy. If an individual has nothing better to do than negatively criticize what you're doing then they are most likely so unhappy with their own lives that they have decided to insert themselves into yours. Don't let that effect you. After all, there are two wolves in your life. One is good, kind, forgiving and strong. The other is evil, malicious, and demeaning. Only one wins, and it is the one you feed.
-Mia Petitti
-credits to the Cherokee Legend - Two Wolves
No comments:
Post a Comment